Sunday, May 29, 2011

Shipping News

Peter Kreet

"Into the swell"
                                         Acrylic on Board   $650.

During the six years I spent in the merchant navy I acquired a great affinity for the sea and ships. It is a subject matter that I have returned to on and off over the years. These are a few examples of various approaches

"Wreck of the Laura"
                                               Acrylic on board  $1500.  (sold)


"Laura II"
                                               Acrylic on Board.  $1500.

Over the years I have undertaken several painting based on ships, wrecks and the sensation of the sea.
"Wreck two"
                                                 Acrylic on Board.  $1800.


Much of this is based on my six years experience as a seaman and affinity with the sea.

No comments: